Revamping the Facebook Group

Showcase Forums Teen Social Network Ideas and Discussion Revamping the Facebook Group

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RJ Montano RJ Montano 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RJ Montano
    RJ Montano

After some initial research, I can report that the Facebook group called Teen Science Cafés Rock! is now a closed group. This means that anyone can search for it and request to join, but only members can see the activity. I have removed all adults except for the Joe Barista facebook account which I use to conduct TSCN business. As of now, the settings are such that anyone can add members, but only the admin (Joe Barista) can approve them. If one of your Teen Leaders would like to become an admin (there can be more than one), please let me know and they can take over that duty.

The direct link for the group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/teensciencecafesrock/ or your teens can search for it in Facebook’s search bar.

RJ Montano
    RJ Montano

One question that was raised is whether or not we, as adults, should “like” the page as to monitor/participate in the discussion. My initial inclination is to say no. I feel the teens would have a more organic, uninhibited conversation if they do not see adults lurking in their business.

Thoughts?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.