In August 2016, the Teen Science Café Network (TSCN) held a three-day workshop with 36 attendees from new and continuing sites. For evaluation purposes, our evaluator, Jessica Sickler, distributed an online evaluations survey at the end of the workshop, and it was completed by 100% of attendees. (WAY TO GO!!!)
The workshop was very successful at fostering relationship-building and networking among the TSCN attendees. Outcomes achieved in this area included that attendees:
· Made helpful personal connections;
· Had specific plans to follow-up with one or more personal connection from the workshop, ranging from regional connections, to virtual cafés for teens, to sharing ideas on diversity and inclusion.
· Felt extremely confident in their ability to get help from the Network;
· Reported the most useful part of the workshop were the opportunities to network and share ideas with one another;
· Felt that the Network’s culture and tone of helpfulness and mutual support built great confidence in future resources.
The workshop successfully increased skill-levels of attendees in working with teens, working with scientists, and developing participatory programs, while also was rated quite successful at addressing useful information in the set-up, running, and growing of a Teen Science Café program.
Here is the full evaluation: 2016-tscn-workshop-evaluation-report-09-16-2016